My New Ride

Oh yes, I am the proud owner of this brand new (to me) 1978 German-made Sachs Westlake moped. Pedal-start, gets 130-150 miles per gallon (yes that's right), tops out at about 30 miles per hour. It is so much fun. Straight from the late 70's oil crisis. Josh Powell let me ride his 1978 Puch, and I fell in love. I plan on riding it instead of driving whenever the weather is good and I'm not going too far.

6 Comments:
That, my brother, is one SWEET ride!!!! I would love to get my hands on one of those.
Helmet??? Your mom...
mom, you'll be pleased to know that helmets are not required for this type of vehicle.
i'm sure she's very pleased...
perhaps your mom was more concerned about your head than your adherence to local traffic code. ;) that looks like a lot of fun. where will win sit?
If you do get a helmet, I think the bike should wear it. It looks more fragile than Jared's head.
Post a Comment
<< Home