Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane update

It has been quite something to watch the devastation left by Katrina. We were lucky enough to miss the storm's weather effects, but we have felt other effects. I filled my gas tank up on Tuesday for $2.69 a gallon. This morning it was $3.19. This afternoon it was $3.49. I guess that the main pipeline that feeds GA, NC, SC, and VA with gas comes from the devastated area and the pumps are down. We have many closed gas stations and people are waiting in lines around the block to fill up. Crazy stuff.

Sarah and I have been thinking a lot about what we can do to help. We donated to the Red Cross, and we are praying, but other than that it's easy to feel a bit helpless.

How are you all doing? I heard that Ohio got mucho rain - everyone up there dry and safe? We love you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

We are safe here. It rained and thunderstormed all day on Tuesday and into Wednesday but it's been beautiful since then. Our gas has been around 3.09 here. We've also been praying and plan to donate through our church this Sunday.

Sat Sep 03, 02:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home